Asparagus and Tofu “Gribiche”
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1 bu Asparagus, peeled and end pieces cut off
- 1 bu Arugula
- 1 ea lemon zest and juice
- 1 T Olive oil
- ½ block tofu, brunoise (small dice) Locate Product
- 1 shallot brunoise
- 1 bunch chive chopped
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Lemon Juice and zest to taste
- 1 T fermented black bean
- ½ clove microplaned garlic
- 1 chile deseeded (while stirring in the oil add the chili to give gribiche chili essence, but take out when you are ready to serve)
- Mix all the “gribiche” ingredients together. This is supposed to emulate egg gribiche. It can be mixed ahead of time so all the flavors can come together. This will hold for a few days.
- For the asparagus, you can roast whole in a pan with a little bit of olive oil or butter and season with salt or you can blanch the asparagus in hot water, then place in an ice bath. Once cooled you can dress in a little lemon juice and zest.
- To Plate: Place asparagus on top of “gribiche.” Garnish with arugula and a little bit of olive oil. I personally like to serve a fried egg on this to bring together the tofu and egg. So this can be a cold salad or a warm appetizer.